Complete the form below to join the beta program.
EDB Postgres Replication Server 7 is significantly different in its architecture, usage, and capability than the current EDB Postgres Replication Server 6.x. The major architectural advance is the incorporation of Apache Kafka message streaming for replicating changes between databases and Apache Zookeeper configuration management. Together these provide a higher performing and more resilient logical replication solution.
Highlights of this release include:
- Single-Master and Multi-Master Replication Clusters: Configure a single master multi-replica cluster to offload reporting applications from production databases. Additionally, provision high-availability and write-scalability use cases with multiple master nodes that are synced in near-real time.
- Multiple Publications per Database: Create multiple publications in the same (SMR or MMR) cluster to create separate logical groups of tables.
- Hybrid replication: Setup a replication cluster such that each participating node is capable of acting as a master or replica or in both modes.
- High-Availability with Auto-Failover: Eliminate single-point of failure with multiple in-sync replicas managed by Apache Kafka and ZooKeeper.
- Offline Snapshot: The offline mode allows new replication nodes to quickly copy initial data for a large size database using PostgreSQL dump/restore utilities or other 3rd party options like Google Snapshot.
- Data Filtering: Define and apply row-level filters to control what data is replicated to target consumers.
- End-to-end Data Compression: Reduce network overhead and improve data transmission for large data sets through use of gzip/snappy data compression.
- Command-line Utility: Use Rep-CLI (REST) client utility to automate cluster configuration.
- Basic Cluster-wide Monitoring: Health-check by monitoring key metrics and email alert notification based on metric threshold.
- Certificate-based Authentication: Configure SSL-based user authentication.
- ACL-based Access Control: Define users and roles for flexible and well-managed user access to the system.
- Encrypted Database Connection: Secure data in transit for replication by enabling encrypted communication to the database server.
- Postgres v10, v9.6 Support: Replication between PostgreSQL and EDB Postgres Advanced Server v10 and v9.6 databases are supported.
EDB Postgres Replication Server 7 beta supports RHEL / CentOS / OEL 7.x 64-bit Linux
EnterpriseDB is trusted by top companies everywhere.